1. The brief
2. The Conversation
1. Values that Slovenia tourism lives up to: where did you see/find most challenges growing the industry and developing tourism?
– how to attract the right tourism
– position as green, active and healthy destination, with boutique high value offering
– the green scheme + certification to 180 Slovenia tourism destinations
2. What do you think were the best practices that everyone embranced?
– For Slovenian business is key to be precise, to have a story, to have a plan
– Tools were provided (international certification program was a key tool)
– Standards are set very high
3. What do the tourism operators of Slovenia need today to get to the next level?
– To be energy efficient
– Sustainability managers for big events
4. Have you noticed the shift in the type of tourists coming to the destination?
– Voucher system
– Less tourism but better tourism
5. Who does Slovenia look up to?
– Austria Swiss Germany, in general our neighbours in the alpine region
– no copy but understand strategy then develop our own way
– tourists are our guests
6. How is Slovenia embracing technology today?
– yes, technology is key to cover areas where employment in tourism is low
– there are 60% more accommodations businesses than before covid
7. Where do you see challenges today in relation to the local mindset of the business operators?
– there are very developed areas and other a bit less – everyone needs to play a role
8. What’s the auditing process to ensure all the tourism businesses are delivering in the same way?
– international standards
– high standards high rewards
– reports are key/personal responsibility